Spinach Bacon Cheese Puffs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 packed cups chopped fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta
- 3 slices crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
- coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17.3-ounce package), thawed and cut into 9 squares (cut them on a floured board with a paring knife)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 9 round or square cups in a muffin pan.
Briefly microwave the cream cheese - about 20 seconds or longer if needed until it's soft and melted but not steaming hot. Mix the egg, oil and dill into it until well combined - the cream cheese may not be smooth and that's ok.
In a separate bowl add the spinach, feta and bacon. Pour the cream cheese mixture over top, season it with salt and pepper (about 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper) then use a fork to combine it together.
Line the muffin pan with the pastry squares, stretching them out a little if needed, press them into the bottom of the cups. Divide the spinach among the cups as evenly as possible. Bring the 4 points together over the filling and press them together.
Lightly brush with the melted butter. Bake about 25 minute until golden brown and puffy. Allow to cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes then run a knife around the edges to loosen them and help pop them out.