Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approx 1.5-2lbs)
- 6 oz Monterrey Jack cheese or other soft melting cheese, sliced into 6 sticks
- 3 jalapenos, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 12 regular strips fatty bacon (not center-cut or thick sliced)
- tooth picks
Prepare your grill for medium heat. Sorry non-grill folks, you can try making these in the oven but they just don’t turn out as nicely.
Trim all fat from each chicken breast, keeping the breast intact (will look sort-of like a lop-sided heart).
Place the breast in a large plastic zip-top bag and use a flat mallet or the bottom of a heavy bottle to pound the breast into an even thickness. Don’t pound it too hard or with any point because you want to keep the flesh intact.
Once the breast is fairly flat and even, and fairly large, cut it into two roughly equal sized vaguely rectangular shaped pieces. Return one of the pieces to the bag and gently pound it out as thin as you can without breaking through the flesh. Repeat with the other piece and then the remaining breasts until you have six flat, thin, roughly rectangular chicken pieces.
Place one piece of chicken on your work surface and top with a piece of cheese and about half of a jalapeno.
Roll the chicken up and then starting at one end wrap it tightly with a piece of bacon, stretching and overlapping slightly as you go, you will need two pieces per chicken roll. Be generous at the ends so there will be a small barrier to keep the cheese in the roll. Secure bacon with tooth picks and set aside. Repeat.
Grill chicken until bacon is crisp and browned all over, turning as needed. The bacon fat will melt off and some cheese may melt out so watch for flare-ups.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crazy Good Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (383 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings 4.5/5 (311 Votes)