Spaghetti Squash with Kale and Chickpeas
Can work as either a main dish or side dish. Gluten free friendly.
- 1 spaghetti squash, about 4 pounds
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil + more for drizzling the squash
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch kale, center rib removed, leaves chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (rinsed and drained, if canned)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes or more to taste
- Parmesan or Pecorino-Romano cheese shaved on top (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Rub the inside of each half with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Arrange cut-side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes until tender.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute or less. Add chili flakes, stir for a few seconds and add chopped kale with a few pinches of sea salt. Sauté kale until the leaves are bright green, about 5 minutes. Add the chickpeas and cook until warmed through. Remove from heat.
Remove squash from oven when it is cooked through and tender. Using a fork, pull the strands of squash from the peel so that it resembles…spaghetti! Place the strands into a serving bowl and add the kale-chickpea mixture.
If you do the spaghetti squash in advance and it is no longer hot, add to the kale and chickpeas and sauté over medium heat until warmed through. Toss to combine and taste for seasoning.
Garnish with cheese if desired.
You'll also love
- Cranberry Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- TOMATO & GOAT CHEESE QUICHE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Eyed Pea Soup with Eggplant 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tortilla Pie with Black Beans &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chiffon Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SPINACH DIP PULL APARTS 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Pizza Stuffed Spaghetti... 0/5 (0 Votes)