Chow Mein Casserole
PREP TIME 10 Min TOTAL TIME 1 Hr 20 Min SERVINGS 4
- 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain rice
- 1 3/4 cups Progresso® beef flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce (from 10-oz bottle)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (28 oz) stir-fry vegetables, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup cashew pieces, if desired
- Additional teriyaki sauce, if desired
1 Heat oven to 375°F. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, crumble beef; sprinkle with garlic pepper. Cook over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
2 In ungreased 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish, mix beef, rice, broth, 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce and the water. Stir in vegetables. Cover baking dish with foil.
3 Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until rice is tender. Uncover and stir; sprinkle with chow mein noodles and cashews. Bake uncovered 10 to 15 minutes longer or until noodles and cashews are golden brown.