Hot Fudge Sauce
- 4 ounce(s) unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup(s) heavy or whipping cream
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter (no substitutions)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Read more: Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe - Good Housekeeping
Chop chocolate. In 2-quart saucepan, combine cream, sugar, syrup, butter, salt, and half of chocolate.
Heat on medium 5 minutes or until bubbles form at edge, stirring with wire whisk. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes, whisking often.
Remove from heat.
Whisk in vanilla and remaining chocolate until mixture is smooth. Cool 5 minutes or until thickened slightly, whisking often. Serve warm over ice cream.