Tortilla Pie with Black Beans & Zucchini
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans (or one 15 ounce can, rinsed)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (I used pilsner) or 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Chopped cilantro, green onions, lime wedges, salsa, and sour cream for serving
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Trim the tortillas to fit a 9-inch springform pan. Discard the excess or save it to make tortilla strips for salads or soups.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, jalapeños, and garlic and cook until softened, 5-7 minutes. Stir in the cumin and chili powder and cook about one minute, until fragrant. Add the zucchini to the skillet and cook until just beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
Increase the heat to high and add the beans, corn, and beer. Once the mixture reaches a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the beer has thickened and has almost evaporated. Stir in the olives and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place a tortilla on the bottom of the springform pan. Top it with 1/4 of the veggie mixture, 1/2 cup of cheese, and another tortilla. Repeat with each tortilla; top the last layer with a cup of cheese. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and is just beginning to brown. Cut the pie into 6 wedges and serve with cilantro, green onions, lime wedges, salsa and/or sour cream.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooked Country Green Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crispy Cauliflower-Carrot Fritters 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chiffon Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Milkshake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Zucchini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chickpea, Cherry, and Ginger Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Simple Black Bean Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)