Dale’s Broccoli Rabe, Sausage and Pasta Recipe
- 1 lb medium pasta (I use Rotelle, but a lot of people use orrechiette
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 Bunches of broccoli rabe, also known as rapini- Cut most of stems off of broccoli rabe and coarsely chop.
- 3 links of mild Italian sausage (remove meat from casings)
- 5 to 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Lemon juice and/or lemon zest
- 1 can (approx. 17 oz) of College Inn Chicken Broth or Chicken Stock
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
While pasta water is boiling, sauté sausage in 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil in large sauté pan until crumbled and brown. Remove sausage and set aside.
Add rest of olive oil (1 - 2 tablespoons) to the pan, red pepper flakes, and sauté garlic until lightly browned.
Add broccoli rabe and stir so it is all coated with olive oil and garlic - approximately 5 minutes. Add salt, pepper and a little lemon juice and/or lemon zest.
Add sausage back to pan, and then add chicken broth.
When pasta is cooked, drain and add to sauté pan, Mix well with broccoli rabe and sausage and broth - 2 minutes
Add grating cheese and serve.
You'll also love
- Cantonese Pork Tenderloin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PARMESAN ARTICHOKE NIBBLERS 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Pepper & Mustard Baked Ahi /... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Warm Spinach and Pine Nut Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PEACHY TENDER PORK CHOPS 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BEER AND BROWN SUGAR KIELBASA &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Momma's Creamy Baked Macaroni and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SAUTEED FIDDLEHEAD AND MUSHROOM... 0/5 (0 Votes)