Pasta with Tomatoes and basil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small-medium tomatoes or 1 large tomato, chopped
- 15-25 leaves basil, torn, divided
- salt, to taste
- cooked pasta, to serve (I like radiatore)
1. Heat up the olive oil in a frying pan (use enough oil to more than cover the bottom of the pan), and start sauteeing the garlic, but don't let it get brown.
2. After it has sauteed for 1-2 minutes, add the tomato chunks and some of the basil.
3. Cook on low heat, stirring, until tomatoes get soft, but haven't yet fallen apart completely (10-15 minutes.).
4. Throw the remaining basil in while the tomatoes are cooking. Add salt, to taste. Serve over cooked pasta.