Baked Chicken Chimichangas
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 1/3 cup green onion chopped
- 3/4-1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves ( crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 (7 -8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese (or a combination, shredded)
Preheat oven to 475degrees F (240C)
Combine chicken, picante sauce, onion, cumin, oregano and salt in saucepan.
Simmer 5 minutes or until most of liquid is evaporated.
Brush one side of tortillas with butter.
Spoon about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture onto unbuttered sides.
Top with 2 tablespoons grated cheese. (Reserve some of the cheese to sprinkle on top at the end of baking)
Fold 2 sides over filling and fold ends down.
Place seam side down in a lightly oiled 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
Bake about 10-15 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
A few minutes before remove sprinke some of the cheese onto the tops so it will melt.
Top with additional picante sauce.
Serve with guacamole and sour cream