Cheesy Mashed Potato Recipe
Take your Mashed Potatoes up a notch with this Cheesy recipe!
This recipe is finished off in the slow cooker. It saves space on the stove top and time if you are preparing a big meal. Since you are putting the Potatoes in a slow cooker it also keeps them warm to serve on a buffet.
- ◾15 Medium Size Potatoes (you can use Idaho or Russet)
- ◾3 Tablespoons Butter
- ◾1/2 Cup Half and Half (you can add a bit more if needed)
- ◾2-(8 oz.) Containers of Cream Cheese w/Chive and Onion
- ◾4 oz. Sour Cream
- ◾2 Cups Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- ◾Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Adapted from hotdishhomemaker.com
1. Peel and cut the Potatoes, then place in boiling water and cook them until fork tender then drain them in a colander.
2. Mash the Potatoes in a large bowl with the Butter, Half and Half and Freshly Ground Black Pepper (use a potato masher do not use a mixer to blend them). Don’t over mash the Potatoes. Try to have a rustic mash…meaning each piece doesn’t need to be creamy and over worked.
3. Fold in both containers of Cream Cheese, the Colby Jack Cheese and the Sour Cream.
4. Put Potatoes in a buttered slow cooker set on low.
5. Cook for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally until the Cheeses melt together with Potatoes.
6. Serve straight from the slow cooker or transfer to a serving bowl.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker