Betty Crocker's Heart Healthy Cookbook shares a recipe! This French country-style peas and onions recipe makes a quick and easy side dish that’s ready in merely 5 minutes! Great to serve with chicken dishes.
PREP TIME 5Min TOTAL TIME 5Min SERVINGS 4
- 2 teaspoons canola or soybean oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion (1 medium)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas and pearl onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup shredded romaine or Bibb lettuce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon or mint leaves, crushed
1 Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook onion in oil 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Stir in mushrooms and frozen vegetables; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in salt and pepper.
2 Stir in lettuce; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly, until lettuce is wilted. Sprinkle with tarragon.