Salad - Barley Salad
Great side dish!
- 2/3 cups pearl barley
- 1.5 cups chopped trimmed green beans
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup finely minced red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
For vinaigrette whisk together all ingredients. Transfer 2 tbsp to large shallow dish; add chicken turning to coat. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or up to 8hours in fridge.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan of boiling water, cover and cook for barley for 10 minutes. Add green beans; cook until tender-crisp and barley is tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and toss with vinaigrette.
Place chicken on grill and cook. Cut into cubes.
Add chicken to barley mixture. Add tomatoes, onion and basil; toss to combine. Makes 4 servings