Rigatoni All Amatriciana Rossa
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Small Red Onion, Minced
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 Lb Pancetta, sliced thick and cut into strips
- 2 Cup Tomato Puree
- Crushed Red Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 1/3 Cup Grated Pecorino Romano, plus more to top
- 1 Lb Rigatoni
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Heat the olive oil over high heat, when hot add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until the onions begin to turn translucent.
Add the pancetta and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the pancetta starts to color.
Add the tomato puree, red pepper and salt, reduce the heat slightly, and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta.
Ideally, the pasta and sauce should be ready at the same time, but if one has to wait, be sure it's the sauce.
Add the cooked pasta to the sauce, mix in the pecorino and stir to combine thoroughly.
Serve with extra pecorino to sprinkle on top