This is so good, a nice addition to any meal or just as an appetizer, cut into 1" slices.
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon fresh, chopped rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh, chopped marjoram, or oregano
- 6 oz. Gargonzola cheese(Italian bleu cheese) crumbled
- 12-15 Calamati olives, pitted and liced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
Cut loaf of bread down center lengthwise. Brush each half with olive oil. Spread remaining ingred. evenly onto each bread loaf half. Place on cookie sheet.
Bake 425@ for 10-15 min. or until crown and crunchy/