Maple syrup adds a fall sweetness to a classic, creamy pumpkin soup. Start with fresh, whole pumpkins to create a dish without additives and preservatives.
- 2 whole Pie Pumpkins
- 1 quart Vegetable Or Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/3 cups Maple Syrup
- Dash Of Nutmeg
- Salt To Taste
- Extra Cream, For Serving
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from tastykitchen.com
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place pumpkins on a cookie sheet and roast them until slightly shriveled and soft. Allow to cool slightly, then slice in half and carefully scoop out seeds and pulp. Scoop yummy flesh into a bowl. Set aside.
In a pot, heat up the pumpkin flesh with the stock and maple syrup until simmering. Mash out the big chunks, the transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor (or use an immersion blender) and puree until velvety smooth. Add cream and nutmeg, then blend again.
Reheat if you need to, or just go ahead and serve in a hollowed-out pumpkin of whatever size you’d like.
You'll also love
- Cranberry Roast Chicken & Sweet... 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Four-Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Cake 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Roasted Butternut Squash with... 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread w/Maple Cream Cheese... 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Italian Wedding Soup 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse™ Potato Soup... 4.2/5 (78 Votes)
- Homestyle Minestrone 4.9/5 (8 Votes)