Pumpkin Pie - Dairy Free, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free
By Kathy C.
Pumpkin pie is a staple for Thanksgiving. This year, you can avoid all the extra sugar, gluten and carbs and use this delicious, gluten-free, dairy-free, low-carb recipe sent in from Healthy Living How To.
- Nut Crust Ingredients
- 1 c. Unblanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 c. Bob’s Red Mill Hazelnut Meal/Flour
- 1/4 c. Extra Light Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- Pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
- Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
- (1) 15 oz. Can Farmer's Market OrganicPumpkin
- (1) 13.5 oz. Can Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk
- 3/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp. NuNaturals Pure White Stevia Extract Powder
- (*Note: I also added liquid vanilla stevia)
- 2 Large Organic Eggs
- 1 Nut Crust
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from lifetime-weightloss.com
Nut Crust Directions
1. With a fork, mix oil with nut flour and salt
until you have a "crumble-like" texture.
2. With fingers, pat crust into bottom and
halfway up the sides of 9 inch pie plate.
3. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until lightly
4. Must be completely cool before filling.
Pumpkin Pie Directions
1. Mix pumpkin, coconut milk, spices and stevia
2. Add eggs and mix slowly just until
3. Pour pie filling into nut crust.
3. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then reduce
temperature to 350 for an additional 35
4. Thoroughly cool and chill before serving with
a dollop of fresh whipped coconut cream.