Maple-Roasted Chicken with Vegetables
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs and/or drumsticks
- Poultry seasoning, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. (or to taste) fesh thyme, chopped
Arrange the chicken in an 8x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with the poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Place the carrots, sweet potatoes and onion in the dish. Drizzle with maple syrup and olive oil. Sprinkle with thyme and toss to coat.
Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, stir and cook for about 15 minutes longer or until the chicken is golden brown and a meat thermometer registers 165 degree.
Let stand, covered with foil, for 5 to 8 minutes before serving.