Meat LOaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potatoes
- Potato Topping:
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb. bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 6 (3/4oz.) slices deli cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 6 (3/4oz.) slices deli cheddar cheese, cut into quarters
- 2 cups mashed potatoes whipped with butter and milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper to taste
Heat oven to 450F. Spray 12 cup muffin pan with no stick cooking spray. Place muffin pan onto 9x13 inch baking pan; set a side.
Combine all meatloaf ingredients, except cheese slices in large bowl; mix well. Stack 6 cheese slices. Cut into 4 even strips; then cut across into thirds to create 12 small square stacks of cheese.
Shape about 1/3 cupfuls meatloaf mixture into 12 (2 1/2 inch) balls. Press 1 cheese stack into center of each ball, covering evenly with meat mixture so cheese is in center. Place stuffed meatloaf mixture into muffin cups. Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until internal temperature is at least 165F and meat is no longer pink.
Meanwhile, combine leftover mashed potatoes and 6 cheese quarters and cook over medium high heat until cheese is melted. Top each cupcake with about 3 tbsp. potato mixture over each meatloaf; sprinkle with paprika, if desired