Spinach Salad with Bacon, Cheddar and Apple
- 9 oz. pkg. baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® ChefStyle Shredded Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 small red apple, such as gala or fuji, chopped
- 4 thick slices applewood smoked bacon, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1/3 cup minced shallots or sweet onion
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
Adapted from sargento.com
Combine spinach, cheese and apple in a large bowl.
Cook bacon in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat until crisp. about 7 minutes.
Use a slotted spoon to transfer bacon to a paper towel; set aside.
Cook shallots in drippings 3 minutes or until softened.
Add vinegar; bring to a boil and boil 30 seconds.
Add mixture to bowl; toss well. Sprinkle reserved bacon over salad and serve with pepper if desired.
Note: For a more wilted salad, add spinach mixture back to skillet or saucepan and toss over medium heat 1 minute.
You'll also love
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin Medallions 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Clams in tomato and saffron sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Kielbasa 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Key Lime Pie #4 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skillet Apple Crisp (Cook's... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smothered Pork Chops... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pappardelle with Baby Spinach,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Madeline 0/5 (0 Votes)