Ham and Noodle Bake
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of dry mustard
- 1 3/4 cups of milk
- 2 cups of fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1/2 cup of shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 oz. of uncooked noodles
- 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Heat oven to 375. Cook and stir onion in butter until tender. Blend in flour, salt, pepper, and mustard. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly; remove from heat. Add milk; heat to boiling, striring constantly. Boil and stir one minute. Stir in ham and cheese.
Cook noodles as directed; drain. Alternate layers of noodles and sauce mixture in ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered until bubbly and light brown, about 20 minutes.