Mexican Stuffed Shells
Italian-American cuisine meets Mexican-inspired flavors with these stuffed shells. Ground beef and cream cheese filled shells covered with salsa and cheese, then baked.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package low-sodium taco seasoning
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 14 to 16 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions
- Sour cream
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a frying pan cook ground beef; add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Add cream cheese, cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Blend well. Set aside and cool completely.
While ground beef is cooking, cook the pasta shells according to directions; drain. Set shells out individually on cutting board/baking sheet so that they don’t stick together.
Pour salsa on bottom of 9×13-inch baking dish. Stuff each shell with the meat mixture. Place shells in 9×13-inch pan open side up. Cover shells with taco sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, add shredded cheese and bake for 10 to 15 more minutes, with the foil removed. Top with any condiments you’d like (green onions, black olives, etc.) Serve with sour cream and/or more salsa.
You'll also love
- Dutch Baby - Blueberry 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Banana Cheesecake 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Fluffy Brown Sugar Frosting 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Chicken Croquettes 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Bacon and Cheddar Puff Pastry... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Chicken with Mustard Soy Sauce 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- HCG Diet (P3) Beef Tacos w/... 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Beef Cube Steak (Country fried... 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
Review this recipe