Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Frosting
- Maple Frosting:
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nurmeg
- 2 extra large eggs, room temp
- 1 cup pumpkin pur'ee, canned
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 oz. cream cheese, room temp.
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temp.
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 c. sifted confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Heath bars, for on top right before serving
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat oven to 350@. Line 12 cupcake tin's with paper liners. Into a med. bowl, sift together the flour,baking powder, soda and spices. In a larger bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin, white and brown sugars and vegetable oil. Add the flour mixture and stir until combined. Divide the batter among the 122 cups and bake for 15-20 min. ot until a toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to cool. remove from pans after 5-10 min. and put on a cooling rack. Cool completely.
In the bowl of an electric mixer cream the cream cheese and butter on low speed until smooth. Stir in extracts. With the mixer still on low slowly add conf. sugar and mix till smooth.
I start icing while cupcakes are baking and ref. it until they are cool.
The heath bars will get soft if they sit too long. You could sprinkle with nuts, if desired.