Spicy Penne Pasta
- 1-lb. Mini Penne Pasta
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Garlic
- 4 teaspoons Gourmet Garden Chili Pepper
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking water
- 8-oz. arugula, chopped
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- grilled chicken, sliced (optional)
Adapted from unsophisticook.com
Cook penne in a large pot in salted water according to directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water before draining.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add Gourmet Garden garlic and chili pepper.
Cook while stirring for about 1 minute. Add reserved pasta cooking water, and stir briskly until a sauce forms.
Add drained penne and chopped arugula and toss with sauce. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and/or sliced, grilled chicken.