Fresh Peach Turnovers
- o 1/2 cup sugar
- o 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- o 2 lbs fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- o 1 tablespoon butter
- o 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- o 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- o 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- o 1 eggs ( beaten with 1 teaspoon water)
- o 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
1. Preheat oven to 400º.
2. As you're slicing the peaches, save the juice.
3. Combine peach juice with sugar and cornstarch in saucepan. Cook until thick and bubbly.
4. Add peaches, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg.
5. Cool slightly.
6. Lightly roll out each pastry sheet on floured surface.
7. Cut each sheet into 4 squares.
8. Place some of peach filling on half of each square. Brush edges with beaten egg. Fold over into a triangle (or rectangle) and press to seal edges (or crimp with fork).
9. Place on baking sheets.
10. Bake at 400º for 10-15 minutes until lightly brown and puffy.
11. Cool on racks.
12. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Or frost with a powdered sugar frosting.