Brussel Sprouts Salad
- 1 1/2 lbs brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tb lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 head red leaf lettuce or radiccio, torn
- 2 tb livered almonds, toasted
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
1. Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add brussels sprouts. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain; rinse with cold water and pat dry. Place sprouts and onions in a bowl; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, thyme and pepper. Toss lettuce with 2 tablespoons of dressing; place in a large shallow serving bowl. Pour remaining dressing over brussels sprouts and toss to coat; mound on lettuce. Sprinkle with almonds.