Salted caramel sauce
- Confiture Caramel au Beurre Salé
- ■1.5 cups granulated sugar (300g)
- ■1.7 ounces water (50g/approx. 3.5 tablespoons)
- ■2 sticks + 1 tablespoon butter (240g), cut into small pieces
- ■3/4 teaspoon + a pinch of salt (5g)
- ■6.7 ounces cream (200g), warmed
1. Place the sugar and water in a saucepan, and cook on low heat until it turns golden brown. Do not overmix, or your sugar will crystallize.
2. Add the butter little by little while gently stirring with a wooden spoon. (Be careful! The mixture is very hot; it sizzles and might splatter.)
3. Add the salt, and cook for an additional two minutes.
4. Remove the saucepan from the heat, and add the warmed cream. Mix until well combined.
5. Pour into jars and let cool.
6. Keep in the refrigerator so that your confiture has a beautiful, spreadable consistency.