Turkey Tenderloin with Caramelized Vegetables
Serving = 3 oz turkey with 1 cup vegetables
Fat: 5 g (1 g sat)
Protein: 20 g
Carb: 30 g
Cholesterol: 34 mg
Sodium: 215 mg
Fiber: 7 g
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup thin onion wedges
- 8 oz mushrooms, cut into halves
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper, divided
- 1/8 tsp. salt, divided
- 1-1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 6 oz. turkey tenderloin
- nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 15x10" baking pan with heavy duty foil.
2. Combine bell peppers, carrots, onions, mushrooms, garlic, vinegar, oil, half each of salt and pepper in large bowl, tossing to coat vegetables evenly with seasonings. Spread vegetables onto prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, spread mustard over top of turkey. Combine paprika, remaining salt and pepper in small bowl. Sprinkle over turkey. Lightly coat top of turkey with cooking spray.
4. Remove vegetables from oven. Stir vegetables and push to edges of pan. Place turkey in center of vegetables.
5. Roast 20 minutes. Stir vegetables. Roast 20 minutes more or until turkey is no longer pink in center (170 degrees). Let turkey stand 5 minutes. Carve turkey across the grain into 1/2" thick slices.
6. Divide sliced turkey between two plates. Place 1 cup vegetables on each plate.