Warm caramel apple pudding cake
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pkg 2-layer yellow cake mix
- 2 pkgs vanilla instant pudding
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 jar (12 oz) caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup cool whip
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350. Toss apples with tbsp cake mix. Prepare cake batter with remaining cake mix as directed on package. Pour into 13x9 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Top with apples.
2. Beat dry pudding mix, milk, 3/4 cup caramel topping and water with whisk 2 min; drizzle over apples. Place baking dish on baking sheet.
3. Bake cake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 min or until golden brown. Cool 20 min (sauce will thicken slightly as it cools)
4. Whisk remaining caramel topping with cool whip until well blended. Sppon over cake slices just before serving. Top with nuts