Chorizo and Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 pound fresh Mexican chorizo
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups coarsely crumbled cornbread
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (low-sodium store-bought is fine)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Grated cotija cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Total Time: 55 min.Prep20 min. Cook35 min.
- Yield:3 cups.Level:Easy.
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the chorizo, breaking it up with a spoon and stirring occasionally as it cooks, until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic to the chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have browned, about 10 minutes. Add the crumbled cornbread and cilantro and gradually pour in enough of the stock so the stuffing is not too dry but at the same time not too wet. Stir gently and well.
Butter a small casserole dish. Spread the stuffing in an even layer. Bake until it's heated through and lightly browned on top, about 20 minutes. Serve right away, garnished with the cilantro and cotija, if desired.
You'll also love
- Pasta Bolognese by Anne Burrell 4.6/5 (38 Votes)
- Cranberry White Chocolate Almond... 4.6/5 (45 Votes)
- Strawberry White Chocolate Trifle 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Roasted Corn and Lentil Salad with... 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Flat Belly - Creamy Broccoli Soup 4.7/5 (38 Votes)
- Pretzel Crusted Chicken Breast... 4.6/5 (39 Votes)
- ROASTED PRIME RIB 4.6/5 (42 Votes)
- Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn PRINT 4.5/5 (47 Votes)