Skip the gravy in a packet and make this homemade turkey gravy for your Thanksgiving dinner. Savory and delicious, this is the best gravy for your turkey!
- 4 cups water
- Neck & giblets from turkey
- Salt & black pepper
- All-purpose flour
- Fat from turkey drippings
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Put the 4 cups of water in a saucepan and add neck & giblets from turkey. Let simmer for atleast 1 hour. Remove neck & giblets and slowly add flour but constantly whisk quickly so that there are no lumps. Make sure that you whisk as you add the flour until desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
When you can, add the fat from the turkey drippings into the saucepan adding more flavor. Continue to whisk briskly until its time to serve.
Add little bit of flour at a time while continuing to whisk vigorously. Add spices to taste and don't forget the turkey drippings!!
You'll also love
- Broccoli Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Asian-Glazed Drumsticks 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Beef and Bean Taco Skillet 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Eggnog 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- White Chocolate Peppermint... 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Cheesy Creamed Spinach Casserole 4.7/5 (31 Votes)
- Turkey: Simple Roast Turkey 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Turkey Veggie Meatloaf Cups 4.6/5 (38 Votes)