Linguine, Crab & Avocado with Scallion Vinaigrette
A pastel scallion sauce dresses the delicate crabmeat and creamy avocado, making a wonderful, quick main dish that's also elegant enough to be a first course at your next dinner party. As an appetizer, it will serve six.
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red- or white-wine vinegar
- 2 scallions, white and light-green parts chopped, dark-green tops sliced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest (from about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 avocado, preferably Hass
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked free of shell
1.In a blender, combine the ginger, lemon juice, vinegar, the chopped scallions, the soy sauce, oil, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Blend until smooth, then stir in the lemon zest. Cut the avocado into 1/2-inch dice and add to the scallion vinaigrette.
2.In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the linguine until just done, about 12 minutes. Drain the pasta and toss it with the vinaigrette and avocado and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Gently fold in the crabmeat. Sprinkle with the sliced scallion tops. Serve warm.
Notes Test-Kitchen Tip As soon as the avocado is diced, put it into the vinaigrette. The acidity of the lemon juice and the vinegar will keep the avocado from browning if dinner is delayed.
You'll also love
- Summer Chicken Salad with... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Hot Cheesy Spinach Dip 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- LIMEADE/LEMONADE SLUSH PUNCH 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Ramen Noodle Salad 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Hooters Buffalo Shrimp 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Devils on Horseback or... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken Fettuccine Aifredo with... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)