Banana Bread with Chocolate Glaze
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 2/3 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 large egg whites
- 9 ounces unbleached all-purpose flour (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine sugar and butter in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add banana, milk, sour cream, and egg whites.
3. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat just until blended (do not overbeat). Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch metal loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool on rack.
4. Place half-and-half and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 1 minute or until chocolate melts, stirring every 20 seconds. Cool slightly; drizzle over bread.
Saturated fat: 3.1g
Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g