Ham and Cheese Sliders
Excellent sandwiches for a crowd or for a tailgate!
Recipe from Julie Elias, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Poppy Seed Sauce:
- One package of Hawaiian Dinner Rolls (12)
- 12 thin slices of honey ham
- 12 slices of provolone or swiss cheese
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoons poppy seeds
Spread 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise onto both sides of each roll. Place one slice of ham and one slice of the cheese on each sandwich. (I use shredded ham and provolone.) Close rolls and place them into a large baking dish, placed very close together.
In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Pour evenly over all of the sandwiches. Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
*Sandwiches can be assembled a day ahead and kept in the fridge ready to bake.