From LA Times
- 1 pound bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (chips or finely diced)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- Pinch salt
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from latimes.com
1. Place the chocolate in a large bowl.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, cream, water, vanilla, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a good simmer over high heat. Remove from heat.
3. Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate and gently stir to combine, melting the chocolate and forming a glaze.
4. The glaze will thicken as it cools. The glaze will keep for up to 1 week, covered and refrigerated. Rewarm slightly to thin.