Cheesy bacon stuffed mini potatoes
- 2 Pounds yukon gold potatoes
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cooked, crumbled applewood smoked bacon, divided
- 2 Teaspoons roasted mashed garlic
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely grated Monterey jack cheese
- 3 Tablespoons chopped green onion, plus more for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400, line baking sheet with aluminum foil
In a large dutch oven, place the potatoes and enough water to cover and bring to a boil.
Boil until just tender, about 8 minutes.
Drain & let cool. Cut the potatoes in 1/2 crosswise.
Cut a thin slice off the round end of each potato half to stand upright.
Using a melon baller, scoop out the centers of the potatoes, leaving a 1/4 inch thick shell.
Reserve the potato pulp.
In a medium bowl, combine the potato pulp, cream cheese, sour cream, 1/4 cup bacon,garlic, 1 teaspoon salt & pepper.
Mash with a potato masher until well combined.
Stir in the cheddar cheese, Monterey jack cheese, & green onions.
Sprinkle the insides of the potato shells with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Spoon the potato mixture evenly into the potato shells and top with the remaining 1/4 cup bacon.
Place the stuffed potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
Garnish with green onions and freshly ground pepper if desired.
You'll also love
- Mac and Cheese Corn Dogs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broiled White Fish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ritamay's Asparagus & Artichoke... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Cheeseburger casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Polynesian Pork With Pineapple Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp and Cheese... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ruth's Chris Steak House Potatoes... 0/5 (0 Votes)