From the Farmer's Market Cookbook. Delicious served over mashed yellow potatoes, greens, green beans, pasta or rice.
- 3 cups leeks, finely chopped (stem only)
- 3 cups shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups nutritional yeast
- 1/2 plus plus 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups water, milk, or beer
- 1/3 cup tamari or soy sauce
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. In a small skillet, saute leeks, mushrooms, and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil until tender. In a heavy bottomed pan, dry-saute yeast until it turns color and starts to smoke. (This requires constant stirring--don't walk away even for 2 seconds)
2. Once yeast is cooked, add 1/2 cup oil and stir for 3 more minutes. Stir in the tamari and liquid of choice and bring to slow boil.
3. Thoroughly mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup water, add to gravy and stir until thickened. Amount of cornstarch may be adjusted to alter thickness of gravy.
4. Serve over mashed potatoes (yukons) or pasta or rice.
You'll also love
- Pot Roast Over Noodles (crock pot) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Cheeseburger casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- GREEN BEANS AU GRATIN 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Sheet Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cajun Cauliflower Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Red Wine Risotto with Mushroom... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Medallions of Maine Lobster with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Leek and Goat Cheese Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)