Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
Servings: 0 servings
1 quart plain low-fat yogurt 1/2 cup sugar, superfine 2 tablespoons light corn syrup or honey 2 to 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 quart plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar, superfine Baker's Special sugar preferred
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup or honey
- 2 to 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, Vanilla Crush preferred
1) Put the yogurt into a yogurt drainer (e.g., the Wave); or divide it among several paper coffee filters set into a strainer or attached to the top of cups with rubber bands. 2) Put the yogurt in the refrigerator, covered, and let it drain for 24 hours; you'll end up with about 2 cups of thick yogurt. 3) While the yogurt is draining, put the bucket of your electric ice cream maker into the freezer to chill. 4) Combine the drained yogurt with the remaining ingredients. 5) Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions. 6) Serve immediately, drizzled with a touch of vanilla extract, if desired. Or store in the freezer briefly before serving. This confection will freeze rock-hard within hours; if you need to make it ahead, be sure to leave time for it to soften before serving, about 15 minutes.