Sesame Ginger Grilled Salmon
- 1 side of salmon fillet (2-3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 Tbs minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions, both white and green parts
Rinse salmon and pat dry. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
Put salmon in Ziploc bag or in non-reactive flat dish. Pour mixture over salmon and marinate 1 hour at room temperature
Adjust oven broiler so rack is about 4-inches from heat. Preheat the broiler for at least 10 minutes.
Remove salmon from marinade and discard marinade. Place salmon on cookie sheet or shallow roasting pan sprayed with PAM.
Broil for 10-12 minutes without turning until salmon is just cooked through.
If salmon is so thick that it doesn’t cook in this time, and it is getting charred on top, transfer to a preheated 450 oven and roast about 5 minutes to finish off.
Alternatively, to make ahead, broil salmon for 5 minutes only. Then refrigerate and roast in a 400 preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until done.
May be served hot or at room temperature
You'll also love
- Hungarian Mushroom Soup (from... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pot Roast Over Noodles (crock pot) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp and Cheese... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Shrimp and Chicken Pasta... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Cod with Cabbage... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Crawfish Enchiladas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- APRICOT GLAZED SALMON 0/5 (0 Votes)