Salad, Jello: Colleen's Spiced Cranberry-Orange Mold
- 1 bag (12 oz.) fresh cranberries*
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 pkg. (8-serving size) or 2 pkgs. (4-serving size) Jell-O Brand cranberry, orange or lemon
- flavor gelatin
- 1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 cup cold water*
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 orange, sectioned, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Finely chop cranberries in food processor, mix with sugar. Set aside
Stir boiling water into combined gelatin and salt in large bowl 2 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in cold water, lemon juice, cinnamon and cloves. Refrigerate about 1 1/2 hours or until thickened (spoon drawn through gelatin leaves a definite impression).
Stir in cranberries, orange and nuts. Spoon into 5-cup mold that has been lightly sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
Refrigerate about 4 hours or until firm. Unmold. Garnish as desired.
Store leftover gelatin mold in refrigerator.
Makes 10 servings.
*Or use 1 can (16 oz.) whole berry cranberry sauce; omit sugar and reduce cold water to 1/2 cup.
You'll also love
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Coconut-Buttermilk Pound Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- STRAWBERRY-PRETZEL DESSERT 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Fresh Cranberry Relish 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Citrus Brine 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Coconut Bars 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cranberry Orange Relish 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cranberry-Orange White Chocolate... 4/5 (1 Votes)