K's Slow Cooker Lasagna
- 1-1/4 lbs. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) Marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 T. Italian Seasoning
- 1 T. Oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or Italian cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 container (15 ounces) reduced fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12-15 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 Cook beef and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in sauce and seasonings. Set aside.
2 Mix the mozzarella cheese and the cottage cheese and 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese together in separate bowl and set aside.
3 Spoon one-fourth of the beef mixture into lightly greased 6-quart slow cooker; top with 4-5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread with half of the cheese mixture and one-fourth of the beef mixture. Top with 4-5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and one-fourth of the beef mixture. Top with remaining 4-5 noodles and remaining beef mixture. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese over top.
4 Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 hrs. Let stand 10 min and cut into servings.