Pot Roast Over Noodles (crock pot)
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) Italian-style tomato paste
- 1 tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pkg (8 ounces) hot cooked wide noodles
Cooking time 10mins
In large skillet, brown roast on all sides in hot oil. Transfer to any size crock-pot. Add vegetables.
In small bowl, combine tomatoes, tomato paste, tapioca, brown sugar, salt, pepper and bay leaf; pour over meat and vegetables. Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours or on high 5 to 6 hours. Discard bay leaf. Cut up meat and serve over hot cooked noodles.
Makes 6 servings.