Tuna Steaks Seared with Ginger, Soy and Brown Sugar
Try this delicious Tuna Steaks Seared with Ginger, Soy and Brown Sugar recipe.
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Two 6-ounce tuna steaks, about 3/4-inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
In a deep dish or pie plate, mix the ginger, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce and lemon juice. Stir until combined.
Season the tuna generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Place the tuna in the dish with the marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning the fish at least once.
In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over moderate heat.
Remove the tuna from the marinade, pat dry, and add the steaks to the skillet. Cook, turning once, until browned and just cooked through, about 8 minutes total. Transfer to plates and sprinkle with scallions. Serve.