Loaded Potato Pinwheels
This year’s Pillsbury Bake-Off® Grand Prize Content Winner Glori Spriggs took home the honors thanks to her recipe for Loaded Potato Pinwheels, a rolled-up cheesy bacon and potato mixture in Pillsbury® Crescent Rolls.
- 1 bag (11.8 oz) Green Giant® Seasoned Steamers™ frozen backyard grilled potatoes
- 1 1/4 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese (5 oz)
- 1/2 cup cooked real bacon bits (from a jar or package)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 can Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion tops (3 medium)
Heat oven 350°F. Spray large cookie sheets with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Microwave frozen potatoes 3 to 4 minutes to thaw. In medium bowl, with fork, mash potatoes leaving some small pieces. Stir in cheese, 1/3 cup of the bacon bits and the milk until well blended. Unroll dough on cutting board; press into 14x8-inch rectangle. Cut into 2 rectangles, 14x4-inch each. Spread half of the potato mixture on one rectangle to within 1/4-inch of long edges. Starting at one long side, tightly roll up dough; pinch seams to seal. Using serrated knife, cut roll into 14 slices. Place slices, cut side up, on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Bake 17 to 21 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately, remove from cookie sheets to serving plate. Top each pinwheel with sour cream, remaining bacon bits and the green onions. Serve warm.