Slow Cooker Chicken, Tomato and White Bean Soup
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs cooked chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Place vegetables, garlic, salt and pepper in crock pot. Top with the chicken pieces, butter, broth and bouillon. DO NOT STIR.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 1/2 hours. Stir in drained tomatoes and beans; continue to cook 1/2 hour more.
Before serving, stir in parsley and Tabasco sauce.