Spicy Fish Tacos with Pineapple Slaw
- 1/4 to 1/2 of a 7-ounce can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 1 pound skinless firm-fleshed fish, such as mahimahi, tilapia, or salmon
- 4 cups thinly shaved green cabbage
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup small-diced pineapple
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 8 (6") flour or corn tortillas, toasted
Adapted from runnersworld.com
Chop the peppers. In a bowl, combine the peppers with sour cream, 1/2 cup cilantro, and olive oil. Stir to combine. Season with salt. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture.
In a dish, spread the remaining mixture over both sides of the fish. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes. In a bowl, combine cabbage, onion, jalapeño, pineapple, lime juice, remaining cilantro, cumin, and oregano. Toss and season with salt.
Heat a grill over medium heat. Brush it with oil. Place the fish on the grill and cook until nicely charred, turning once, 6 to 8 minutes total. Remove to a cutting board and coarsely chop.
Lay out the tortillas and divide fish among them. Top with slaw and avocado. Spoon reserved sour cream mixture on top.
You'll also love
- Turkey & Cranberry Quesadillas 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Parmesan Onion Party Puffs 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Coconut-Cherry Cookies 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Bubba's Shrimp & Grits 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Hot & Spicy Buffalo Shrimp Dip 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Pineapple Kasekuchen (German... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Roasted Red Pepper and Smoked... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)