Cream, Berry and Nectarine Tart
- 9 ounce(s) (about 54 cookies) tea biscuits, such as Nabisco Social Tea Biscuits
- 1/2 cup(s) (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 package(s) (8 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) very cold heavy cream
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 12 ounce(s) (about 3) small nectarines or peaches
- 3/4 cup(s) blueberries
- Confectioners' sugar, for serving
- 11 - by 8-inch rectangular or 9-inch round tart pan with removable bottom
Adapted from womansday.com
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a food processor, pulse the biscuits to form fine crumbs. Add the butter and pulse to combine. Press the mixture in the bottom and up the sides of the rectangular or round tart pan. Bake until the crust is light golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool for about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar in a large bowl on medium-high until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the cream and beat until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Add the lime juice and beat to return to stiff peaks, about 1 minute. Spread evenly into the bottom of the crust.
Refrigerate until the cream mixture is set, at least 4 hours and up to 2 days. Fifteen minutes before serving, slice the nectarines 1/4 inch thick. In a medium bowl, toss the nectarines with the remaining tablespoon sugar. Let sit, tossing occasionally, for 10 minutes. Add the blueberries and gently toss to combine. Top the tart with the fruit and dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired.