- 6 stalk(s) celery
- 2 beets, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup(s) roughly chopped walnuts
- 8 ounce(s) sliced deli ham
- 8 ounce(s) cheese, such as Cheddar, Havarti or a combination, sliced
- 8 ounce(s) cherry tomatoes
- 4 slice(s) multigrain bread
- Whole-grain mustard, for serving
Adapted from womansday.com
Thinly slice 2 stalks celery and place in a large bowl. Add the beets, parsley, oil, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and toss to combine; fold in the walnuts.
Arrange the ham, cheese, tomatoes, bread, and remaining celery on a platter or cutting board. Serve with the beet salad and mustard, if desired.
Prep Tip: To avoid staining your fingers with beet juice, leave the stem end of the beet intact to use as a handle; hold the beet with a paper towel as you grate it on a box grater.