- 3 c flour (can use 1/2 whole wheat if you like)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c butter
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup each craisins and frozen cranberries (can sub with frozen raspberried)
- 2 eggs and buttermilk to equal one heavy cup (can also used soured milk – 1 tsp lemon juice plus milk)
Preheat oven to 400 deg. F.
Mix dry, cut in butter, add remaining ingredient. Dough will be sticky. I usually make them by hand, which isn’t as bad as it sounds, and is totally worth how much lighter and airier they are when baked in my opinion! On floured surface, pat into circle, about 1 “ thick, Cut into 12 wedges Or cut into circles using rim of a glass (although it’s not a traditional scone shape, I prefer this!) and bake 15-17 min. Bake until done – and not a minute more.
Ice with icing sugar plus lemon juice to make a thin glaze. I find dipping the top is easier than spreading with glaze – but I may be deficient in my icing prowess...
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (884 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (884 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (740 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (496 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (210 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)