Chicken A'La Maryland
Chicken baked in cream, onions and bay leaves.
- 4 chicken breasts (for best flavor, use whole cut up chicken including bones)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 pint heavy cream
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Rinse chicken, pat dry with paper towel
3. Lightly dip each piece in flour
4. Brown chicken in frying pan (in 1/3 cup oil) for approx. 10 minutes
5. Remove from pan and allow chicken to cool (pouring heavy cream on hot chicken will cause it to curdle)
6. While waiting for chicken to cool, prepare the sauce.
7. To make the sauce, combine the onion, bay leaves and heavy cream
8. Place two chicken breasts in casserole dish and add half the onion, bay leaves and cream
9. Add the remaining chicken and onion, bay leaves and cream.
10. Top with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
11. Cover dish.
12. Bake for one hour at 375 degrees.
Tip: Chicken may boil over- place a cookie sheet on the rack underneath it to catch any sauce that may spill out
Serve over rice and enjoy!