Chicken tortilla soup
- 3-1/2 c chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts, whole
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 (16 oz) can(s)diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can(s) tomato sauce
- 1 (4 oz) can(s) diced green chili peppers
- 1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano, or 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 (16 oz) can(s)pinto beans
- 1 can frozen corn
Cook chicken breasts. Remove bones and shred/finely chop. Set aside. Place chicken broth in medium to large soup pot. Add remaining ingredients except corn. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, add corn and heat. This can all be done in the crock pot as well.
Serve with optional garnishes of shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole and tortilla chips.